PUBLICATION OF ALERT LIST
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) would like to inform members of the public that an Alert List has been published on the AMBD website. The Alert List is a list of companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by AMBD or whose activities raise a suspicion of illegal activity. This list is without prejudice to any further assessment by AMBD regarding the activities of the companies concerned.
2. AMBD would like to remind the public that only financial institutions, i.e. banks, insurance companies and takaful operators, capital market and securities institutions as well as money changers, remittance service providers and other entities, licensed by AMBD, under the relevant laws and regulations administered by AMBD, are allowed to provide financial services in Brunei Darussalam.
3. Members of the public are also advised to be careful when participating in any schemes or financial transactions. It is important to check the legitimacy of such individuals or company as well as the inherent risks associated before agreeing into any financial transactions.
4. To access the Alert List, as well as the list of persons and institutions licensed by AMBD, members of the public may visit AMBD's website at http://www.ambd.gov.bn.
5. For any enquiries and further information, the general public may contact AMBD at 2233371 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 18 Rabiulakhir 1438/ 16 January 2017
Download Malay version here
Download English Version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved