PRESS CONFERENCE ON NATIONAL SAVINGS DAY 2017
"FINANCIALLY LITERATE GENERATION"
3 Rejab 1438 corresponding to 31st March 2017
1. His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, as Chairman of Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) declared the first National Savings Day on 28th May 2015.
2. The objective of National Savings Day is to increase the level of financial literacy in Brunei Darussalam through encouraging a savings culture and instilling prudent financial management habit, as well as increasing awareness on the financial products and services in the country.
3. The theme for this year's National Savings Day, "Financially Literate Generation", was chosen to reflect the goal to raise a financially literate and independent generation.
4. AMBD is collaborating with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Religious Affairs, Radio Televisyen Brunei, and Tabung Amanah Pekerja (TAP), as well as other related agencies and financial institutions, to organize a number of activities. Among the activities are roadshows to secondary schools at all four districts, where the students will be able to participate in interactive games financial and currency management.
5. On Sunday, 30 April 2017, a Financial Fun Fair will be held at The Jerudong Park Playground and will feature a host of family fun-filled interactive programs and activities by AMBD, TAP and relevant financial institutions and agencies.
6. In addition to this, AMBD is also organizing a radio promo competition for secondary students and a video promo competition. This financial awareness themed competition will increase the participants' financial and encourage their understanding through creative outlets.
7. A Financial Showcase will also be held at the Airport Mall, on Saturday, 20 May 2017. This showcase will bring together financial institutions and related agencies, showcasing their savings and savings-related products. AMBD will also be announcing the winners of the radio and video promo competition during this showcase.
8. For more information on National Savings Day 2017, members of the public can visit AMBD's website at www.ambd.gov.bn/nsd2017; download AMBD App from the App Store or Google Playstore; or follow AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 3 Rejab 1438/ 31 March 2017
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved