NATIONAL SAVINGS DAY 2017 ROADSHOW
SEKOLAH MENENGAH KATOK
THURSDAY, 9 REJAB 1438 CORRESPONDING TO 6 APRIL 2017
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Ministry of Religious Affairs (MORA), Radio Television Brunei (RTB), the Employee Trust Fund (TAP), as well as related agencies and financial institutions, held its second National Savings Day 2017 roadshow at Sekolah Menengah Katok, Gadong on Thursday, 9 Rejab 1438 corresponding to 6 April 2017.
2. The Guest of Honour for the event were members of the Legislative Council, Yang Berhormat Awang Iswandy bin Ahmad, and Yang Berhormat Haji Tahamit bin Haji Nudin, Penghulu of Mukim Gadong 'A'. Also present during at the roadshow were senior officers from AMBD, as well as senior officers from Ministry of Education, Ministry of Religious Affairs, and Brunei and Muara District Office.
3. With the theme "Financially Literate Generation", the roadshow is hoped to increase awareness of the importance of savings, financial independence and to make individuals and households, in particular students, to be more financially-savvy in the future. This is in line with AMBD's efforts to develop a financially literate generation and also Brunei Vision 2035's objectives towards achieving a dynamic and sustainable economy, as well as highly-skilled population.
4. 100 students from secondary schools in the Brunei-Muara District were invited to participate in interactive financial-related games and activities organized by AMBD, TAP, Junior Achievement, Baiduri Bank, Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam and State Street. The games and activities gave introduction on financial management and also local currency. This is a follow-up from the first roadshow, which was held in Chung Hwa Middle School on Tuesday, 4 April 2017.
5. The next National Savings Day roadshow will be on Monday, 10 April in Belait District, followed by Tutong District and Temburong District on Thursday 13 April and Tuesday 18 April respectively.
6. Other events planned in conjunction with the National Savings Day 2017 are the Financial Fun Fair, which will be held at the Jerudong Park Colonnade on Sunday, 30 April 2017 from 2pm to 10pm, which will feature a host of family fun-filled programs and interactive activities; and a Financial Showcase on Saturday, 20 May 2017 from 2pm to 8pm at the Airport Mall.
7. For more information on National Savings Day 2017, members of the public can visit AMBD's website at www.ambd.gov.bn/nsd2017; download AMBD App from the App Store or Google Playstore; or follow AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 9 Rejab 1438/ 6 April 2017
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved