NATIONAL SAVINGS DAY 2017 ROADSHOW
MA'HAD ISLAM BRUNEI, TUTONG
THURSDAY, 16 REJAB 1438 CORRESPONDING TO 13 APRIL 2017
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Ministry of Religious Affairs (MORA), Radio Television Brunei (RTB), the Employee Trust Fund (TAP), as well as related agencies and financial institutions, held its fourth National Savings Day 2017 roadshow at Ma'had Islam Brunei, Tutong on Thursday, 16 Rejab 1438 corresponding to 13 April 2017.
2. The Guest of Honour for the event were Members of the Legislative Council, Yang Berhormat Awang Haji Abdul Wahab bin Apong, Penghulu of Mukim Tanjong Maya and Yang Berhormat Awang Haji Ramli bin Haji Lahit, Penghulu of Mukim Telisai. Also present at the roadshow were senior officers from AMBD, as well as senior officers from Ministry of Education, Ministry of Religious Affairs and Belait District Office.
3. With the theme "Financially Literate Generation", the roadshow is hoped to increase awareness of the importance of savings, financial independence and to make individuals and households, in particular students, to be more financially-savvy in the future. This is in line with AMBD's efforts to develop a financially literate generation and also Brunei Vision 2035's objectives towards achieving a dynamic and sustainable economy, as well as a highly-skilled population.
4. 100 students from secondary schools in the Tutong District were invited to participate in interactive financial-related games and activities organized by AMBD, TAP, Tabung Amanah Islam Brunei (TAIB), Insurans TAIB and Junior Achievement. The games and activities gave introduction on financial management and also local currency.
5. The next National Savings Day roadshow will be on Tuesday, 21 Rejab 1438 corresponding to 18 April 2017 in Temburong District.
6. Other events planned in conjunction with the National Savings Day 2017 are the Financial Fun Fair, which will be held at the Jerudong Park Colonnade on Sunday, 30 April 2017 from 2pm to 10pm, which will feature a host of family fun-filled programs and interactive activities; and a Financial Showcase on Saturday, 20 May 2017 from 2pm to 8pm at the Airport Mall.
7. For more information on National Savings Day 2017, members of the public can visit AMBD's website at www.ambd.gov.bn/nsd2017; download AMBD App from the App Store or Google Playstore; or follow AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 16 Rejab 1438/ 13 April 2017
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved