KNOW YOUR CURRENCY
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) has recently conducted a talk titled Know Your Currency to various members of retail companies. This talk is part of AMBD's awareness campaign, Know Your Currency.
2. The campaign aims to educate the public about the Brunei currency, through the security features as well as the Currency Order, 2004. Informed with this knowledge, members of the public will be more aware on the acceptable conduct when dealing with currency, as well as be more vigilant when coming across counterfeit notes.
3. The talk began with an Introduction to AMBD's roles and responsibilities by Dyg Muizzah binti Md Zakaria, Manager, AMBD, followed by a presentation on Know Your Banknotes conducted by Awg Muhammad Shafei bin Hj Osman, Manager, AMBD. This presentation included the various ways that retailers and cashiers can identify the features of authentic banknotes. The presentation also informed attendees regarding the dos and don'ts when it comes to dealing with Brunei currency, such as do not use the currency as part of a design in an advertisement or a commercial product, without AMBD's permission.
4. The talk was attended by a number of representatives from invited retail companies, supermarkets, textile companies and fuel station companies. The campaign will continue on through 2018.
5. For further enquiries and information, members of the public may contact AMBD at 2388388, email email@example.com, download the AMBD App, which can be downloaded from the 'AppStore' and the 'Google Playstore'; or AMBD's website at http://www.ambd.gov.bn; or by following AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 25 Syaaban 1439H / 11 Mei 2018H
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved