NATIONAL SAVINGS DAY 2018 ROADSHOW
INSTITUTE OF BRUNEI TECHNICAL EDUCATION (IBTE)
SULTAN SAIFUL RIJAL CAMPUS, BRUNEI MUARA
WEDNESDAY, 27TH SYAWAL 1439 CORRESPONDING TO 11TH JULY 2018
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) concluded its series of roadshows for National Savings Day 2018 with a final roadshow held at the Institute of Brunei Technical Education (IBTE) Sultan Saiful Rijal Campus on. The roadshow, held on Wednesday, 27th Syawal 1439 corresponding to 11th July 2018, was a collaboration between AMBD with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Radio Television Brunei (RTB), and Employee Trust Fund (TAP).
2. The event was graced by the guests of honour, Yang Berhormat Dayang Siti Rozaimeriyanty binti Dato Seri Laila Jasa Haji Abdul Rahman and Yang Berhormat Dayang Nik Hafimi binti Abdul Haadii, Members of the Legislative Council. Senior officers from AMBD and MOE were also present at the event.
3. Similar to previous National Savings Days roadshows, the aim of this year's roadshows is to increase awareness on the importance of savings and financial independence amongst students–maintaining the "Financially Literate Generation" theme. In 2016, National Savings Day roadshows were targeted to primary school students, followed by secondary school students in 2017. This year, the target audience are students from sixth form centres and higher education institutions. This is in line with AMBD's goal to develop a financially literate generation and Brunei Vision 2035's objectives of achieving a dynamic and sustainable economy and a highly skilled population.
4. Over 550 students from across the country participated in the roadshows, where financial management concepts and local currency were introduced through interactive financial-related activities. Activities were jointly organised by AMBD, TAP, Junior Achievement Brunei, local banks, local insurance companies and Takaful operators.
5. The next event in line to celebrate National Savings Day 2018 is the 3rd Financial Fun Fair –a 2-day family fun-filled event. The event will be held at the Jerudong Park Colonnade on Saturday, 4th August 2018 from 4pm to 10pm and on Sunday, 5th August 2018 from 12pm to 6pm. Additionally, a Financial Showcase, in conjunction with National Savings Day 2018, is also scheduled in September 2018.
6. For more information on National Savings Day 2018, members of the public can visit the AMBD website at www.ambd.gov.bn/nsd2018, download the AMBD App via the App Store or Google Playstore, or follow AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 27 Syawal 1439/ 11 Julai 2018
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved