Last modified: 12/10/2015 02:03 PM
ON INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) RISKS IN BANKS
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Monday, 7 Sya'aban 1439 Corresponding To 23 April 2018
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), in cooperation with the South East Asian Central Banks Research and Training Centre (SEACEN), organised the SEACEN Course on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Risks in Banks from Monday, 23rd to Friday, 27th April 2018 at The Rizqun International Hotel, Gadong.
2. The course will focus on multiple risks faced by banks and financial institutions in the ICT sphere, and cover concepts and mechanics of ICT Risk Assessment, the impact of FinTech disruption, cyber threats, and cybersecurity.
3. This course is designed to provide participants with a common framework, including procedures and methodologies for the assessment of ICT risks in banks and financial institutions and will act as a platform for in-depth discussion among participants on the subject.
4. Forty-two participants from various regional and international Central Banks, including officers from AMBD are currently attending this course.
5. The SEACEN Centre was first established as a legal entity in 1982 with eight member central banks/monetary authorities which has since grown to twenty members in 2014. Since its inception in the early 1980's, The SEACEN Centre has established its unique regional position in serving its membership of central banks in the Asia-Pacific region through its learning programmes, research work, and networking and collaboration platforms for capability building in central banking knowledge.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 7 Sya'aban 1439 / 23 April 2018
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
SUCCESSFUL ISSUANCES OF BRUNEI DARUSSALAM GOVERNMENT SHORT-TERM SUKUK AL-IJARAH SECURITIES
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam (April 2018) - The Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), agent to the Government of His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in managing and administering Sukuk Al-Ijarah issuances, is pleased to announce the successful pricing of its 156th issuance of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities.
The total of the sukuk issuance was BND100 million with the following details:
With this issuance, the Brunei Government has thus far issued over BND 11.81 billion worth of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities since the maiden offering on 6th April 2006, and the total holdings of the Brunei Government Sukuk outstanding as at 12th April 2018 stood at BND 332.4 million.
Download PDF here
AMBD ALERT LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) would like to inform members of the public that the AMBD Alert List has been updated.
2. The AMBD Alert List is a list of individuals, companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by AMBD or whose activities raise a suspicion of illegal financial activity. This list is without prejudice to any further assessment by AMBD regarding the activities of the companies concerned.
3. AMBD would also like to inform the public that the following companies have been included in the Alert List for months of January until March 2018:
4. To access the Alert List, as well as the list of persons and institutions licensed by AMBD, members of the public may visit AMBD's website at http://www.ambd.gov.bn.
5. AMBD remains committed to the financial stability of Brunei Darussalam, and to safeguarding Brunei Darussalam's financial system and the interests of financial consumers. AMBD will also continue to actively monitor any unlicensed financial activities in Brunei Darussalam. If the public have any information on unlicensed financial activities and services, please contact AMBD at 2380007 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: 23 Rejab 1439/ 10 April 2018
SIGNING FOR THE PARTICIPANT SERVICE AGREEMENT
BETWEEN AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM AND
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) recently signed a Participant Service Agreement on the collaboration of credit information exchange with Bank Usahawan. Bank Usahawan is a company incorporated in Brunei Darussalam that aims to support the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Brunei by offering financing facilities in compliance with the Syariah concept, and to facilitate the MSMEs' access to financial services.
2. Signing for AMBD was Yang Mulia Awang Yusof bin Haji Abd Rahman, Managing Director while Bank Usahawan was represented by Mr. Udo Schedel, Chief Executive Officer. Witnessing the signing ceremony were Yang Mulia Awang Mohammed Roaizan bin Haji Johari, Assistant Executive Director (Credit Bureau) of AMBD and Mr. Ahmad Alani, Senior Duties Officer of Bank Usahawan.
3. The Participant Service Agreement provides the provision for the Bank Usahawan to submit credit information of MSMEs that have obtained financing from Bank Usahawan to the Credit Bureau of AMBD. In turn, the Agreement also enables the Bank Usahawan to obtain credit reports provided by the Credit Bureau, which will be used specifically to assist the Bank Usahawan in assessing the creditworthiness of the MSMEs applicants. The underlying objective of this collaboration is to provide the Bank Usahawan with a better assessment tool in determining the suitability or appropriateness of the type of financing that will be extended to the MSMEs, considering their capability and capacity to commit to the financing.
4. To date, the data providers of the Credit Bureau consist of all the licensed banks, finance companies and the Islamic Trust Fund in Brunei Darussalam. The Credit Bureau also receives data regarding outstanding bills from telecom and utility service providers in Brunei Darussalam, namely DST Communications Sendirian Berhad, Telekom Brunei Berhad, Progresif Cellular Sendirian Berhad, and the Department of Electrical Services. The Credit Bureau has recently signed a similar agreement with the Housing Development Department (HDD) of the Ministry of Development, to provide holistic information on the financial standing of the National Housing Scheme applicants.
5. For further information on the Credit Bureau of AMBD, please visit http://www.ambd.gov.bn/birokredit or email email@example.com. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 15 Rejab 1438 / 2 April 2018
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
AMBD HOSTS 44TH MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF
THE ISLAMIC FINANCIAL SERVICES BOARD (IFSB)
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) recently hosted the 44th Meeting of the Technical Committee of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB), organized by the IFSB at The Rizqun International Hotel, Bandar Seri Begawan.
2. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Khalid Omar Al-Kharji from the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates. It was attended by Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, the Secretary-General of the IFSB, and representatives from the IFSB members of regulatory and supervisory authorities from around the globe.
3. In line with IFSB's mandate in ensuring the soundness and stability of the Islamic financial services industry, the meeting focused on strategies to promote the development of a prudent and transparent Islamic financial services industry through the introduction of new, or adapting existing, international standards, consistent with Syariah principles.
4. AMBD is a Full and Council Member of the IFSB. As of December 2017, the 185 members of the IFSB comprised of 75 regulatory and supervisory authorities, 8 international inter-governmental organizations, and 102 market players including financial institutions, professional firms, industry associations and stock exchanges, operating in 57 jurisdictions.
Date: 8 Rejab 1439H / 26 March 2018M
Download English version here
SCD/MR/2018 - 20
Da Nang, Viet Nam - 19 March 2018
ASEAN Capital Market Regulators Welcome the Progress of the ASEAN Green Bond Standards and Agree to Implement Professional Mobility Framework to Drive Regional Connectivity
The ASEAN Capital Markets Forum (ACMF) welcomed the progress achieved by the ASEAN Green Bond Standards at its meeting today. Since its launch in November 2017, the ASEAN Green Bond Standards have gained encouraging traction and there have been three issuances from Malaysia and Singapore carrying the ASEAN Green Bond label. The first sovereign sukuk in ASEAN issued by Indonesia is aligned with the ASEAN Green Bond Standards.
The progress of the ASEAN Green Bond Standards demonstrates the region's increasing emphasis on sustainable financing and underscores the capacity of the ASEAN Green Bond Standards in providing guidance to issuers on issuing green bonds and investors with a credible reference point.
The meeting also welcomed the hosting of the first ACMF ASEAN Green Bond Standards Roundtable by the State Securities Commission of Viet Nam (SSC Viet Nam) to engage with market participants including banks, securities firms and fund management companies, on the adoption of the ASEAN Green Bond Standards. Similar ACMF Roundtables will be held throughout the region to raise awareness as well as to encourage greater adoption of the ASEAN Green Bond Standards.
The ACMF also agreed to carry out a series of engagements with market participants on further developing the cross border offering of ASEAN collective investment schemes (CIS) to complement the recently enhanced ASEAN CIS framework.
The ACMF commended the pilot initiative to connect the stock markets of Malaysia and Singapore which could act as a template for future connectivity amongst ASEAN stock markets.
The meeting also endorsed the ACMF Professional Mobility framework to facilitate the cross-border movement of investment advisers and the publishing of research reports. ACMF will formalise the arrangements in the second half of 2018.
The ACMF noted the extension of the ASEAN Debt Securities Disclosure Standards to cover issuances of plain debt securities under a debt issuance programme.
The ACMF would like to extend its appreciation SSC Viet Nam for hosting the 28th ACMF meeting and the inaugural ASEAN Green Bond Standards Roundtable, and acknowledged the support of the Asian Development Bank in many of ACMF's initiatives, particularly in relation to the ACMF Market Development Programme.
About the ACMF
For media queries, please contact:
Lau Mei San
Strategic Communications Department
Mobile : +6019 3332127
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +6012 2072787
Email : email@example.com
HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS
PRINCE HAJI AL-MUHTADEE BILLAH, DEPUTY SULTAN
ATTEND THE FOUNDATION LAYING CEREMONY OF
THE AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM BUILDING
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, NEGARA BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
SATURDAY, 29 JAMADILAKHIR 1439 CORRESPONDING TO 17 MARCH 2018
1. His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, the Deputy Sultan, this morning attended the Foundation Laying Ceremony of the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam's (AMBD) Building on Saturday, 29 Jamadilakhir 1439 corresponding to 17 March 2018.2. Upon arrival at the Foundation Laying Project Site of the AMBD's Buliding in Jalan Menteri Besar, Kampung Melabau, Mukim Kianggeh, His Royal Highness was greeted by Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr.) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minister of Home Affairs as Deputy Chairman of AMBD's Board of Directors; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Abdul Mokti bin Haji Mohd Daud, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office;. Also in attendance were Yang Berhormat Dato Paduka Awang Haji Hamzah bin Sulaiman, Minister of Education; Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Awang Ahmaddin bin Haji Abd Rahman, Acting Minister of Finance II; other members of AMBD's Board of Directors, as well as AMBD's officers and staff.
3. The Ceremony began with the recitation of Surah Al-Fatihah and a Doa Selamat led by Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Paduka Seri Utama Dato Paduka Seri Setia Haji Awang Salim bin Haji Besar.
4. This was followed by welcoming remarks by Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr.) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minister of Home Affairs, as Deputy Chairman of AMBD's Board of Directors.
5. Later His Royal Highness then proceeded to officiate the Foundation Laying Ceremony of the AMBD's Building, followed by signing of the Commemmorative Plaque in commemoration of the Foundation Laying Ceremony of AMBD's Building.
6. His Royal Highness then proceeded to view the exhibition illustrating milestones for the construction of the building project and then consented to joined a group photo with members of AMBD's Board of Directors.
7. Prior to departure, His Royal Highness had light refreshments. 8. The AMBD's Building Project will include the construction of the main building, the currency gallery and a multi-purpose hall. AMBD's headquarters is currently situated at the Ministry of Finance Building, Commonwealth Drive.
9. In February 2016, nine architect firms were invited to compete in designing the AMBD building, where the assessment for the competition was made based on criteria, such as Design; Creativity; Concept Sustainability; Aesthetics; and Functionality.10. OWMP International, the appointed Leading Architect, together with several other local consultants, designed a modern classical concept of the AMBD building, with unique features symbolizing the significant role of AMBD in ensuring the stability of the country's financial system.
11. The building complex is approximately 22 thousand square meters located on a 16-acre land. Jalan Menteri Besar in Kampung Melabau, Mukim Kianggeh. The groundwork for the building site has commenced in November 2017 and the construction of the main buidling is expected to be completed by early 2020. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam Tarikh: 29 Jamadilakhir 1439 / 17 March 2018
Ruj No: AMBD/COMMS/3
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam (March 2018) - The Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), agent to the Government of His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in managing and administering Sukuk Al-Ijarah issuances, is pleased to announce the successful pricing of its 155th issuance of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities.
The total of the sukuk issuance was BND50 million with the following details:
With this issuance, the Brunei Government has thus far issued over BND 11.71 billion worth of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities since the maiden offering on 6th April 2006, and the total holdings of the Brunei Government Sukuk outstanding as at 8th March 2018 stood at BND 382.4 million.
The Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) is pleased to invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for the following position:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT [S4]
To provide assistance to daily operations of units within AMBD.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online only through Online Job Application Form (NO physical submissions or submissions sent via email will be entertained) and the following items:- 1) Application form; 2) a full resume; 3) a recent passport-sized photograph; 4) a copy of your IC; and 5) only copies of relevant academic certificates.
Applications should be received by AMBD not later than 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 13th March 2018.
For any enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED
15TH SENIOR LEVEL COMMITTEE ON ASEAN FINANCIAL INTEGRATION (slc) 2018
Tuesday, 4 Jamadilakhir 1439 Corresponding To 20th February 2018
Date: 4 Jamadilakhir 1439H / 20 February 2018M
THANKSGIVING PRAYER CEREMONY IN CONJUNCTION WITH
HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE HAJI AL-MUHTADEE BILLAH IBNI
HIS MAJESTY SULTAN HAJI HASSANAL BOLKIAH MU'IZZADDIN WADDAULAH'S
Monday, 3 Jamadilakhir 1439 corresponding to 19 Februari 2018
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) held a Thanksgiving Prayer Ceremony in conjunction with His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah's, Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, in His Royal Highness' capacity as the Chairman of AMBD, 44th Birthday, today, 3 Jamadilakhir 1439H corresponding to 19 Februari 2018M.
2. The ceremony was held at the Suri Seri Begawan Raja Pengiran Anak Damit Mosque, Kampung Manggis/Madang. Present during this ceremony were Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr.) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minister of Home Affairs as Deputy Chairman of AMBD's Board of Directors; other members of the AMBD Board of Directors as well as AMBD officers and staff.
3. The ceremony began with the Asar prayers followed by the recitation of Surah Yassin and Doa Kesyukuran led by YM Imam Hj Jufri bin Hj Abidin.
Tarikh : 3 Jamadilakhir 1439 / 19 Februari 2018
Rujukan : AMBD/COMMS/3
ASIA/PACIFIC GROUP REGIONAL PRE-MUTUAL EVALUATION TRAINING WORKSHOP
26 - 28 Jamadilawal 1439 corresponding to 12 - 14 February 2018
1. Brunei Darussalam is hosting the Asia/Pacific Group Pre-Mutual Evaluation Training Workshop which started today, 26 Jamadilawal 1439H corresponding to 12 February 2018M until 28 Jamadilawal 1439H corresponding to 14 February 2018M, at the Rizqun International Hotel, Gadong.
2. This workshop is facilitated by representatives from the Asia/Pacific Group on Money Laundering (APG), and is aimed primarily for APG member countries who will undergo the Mutual Evaluation process for the period of 2018 – 2020. Participants for this workshop consist of government representatives from Brunei Darussalam, Chinese Taipei, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Republic of the Philippines, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vietnam. 3. The APG is a regional anti-money laundering body consisting of 41 member countries within the Asia-Pacific region, with Brunei Darussalam becoming a member in 2002. All member countries are committed towards undergoing the Mutual Evaluation process, which is a mutual peer review system to determine the levels of compliance with the international anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism standards.
4. Brunei Darussalam will undergo the third round of Mutual Evaluation in 2020. Preparations towards this rigorous assessment is spearheaded by the National Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Committee (NAMLC).
Date: 26 Jamadilawal 1439/ 12 February 2018
Ref No: AMBD/COMMS/3
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam (February 2018) - The Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), agent to the Government of His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in managing and administering Sukuk Al-Ijarah issuances, is pleased to announce the successful pricing of its 154th issuance of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities.
With this issuance, the Brunei Government has thus far issued over BND 11.66 billion worth of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities since the maiden offering on 6th April 2006, and the total holdings of the Brunei Government Sukuk outstanding as at 8th February 2018 stood at BND 432.4 million.
Download PDF here
AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
TO CONDUCT TELEPHONE SURVEY ON FINANCIAL INCLUSION
Date: 16 Jamadilawal 1439H / 2 February 2018M Reference: AMBD/COMMS/3
Please Click here for Survey Questions
False Information on Brunei Darussalam Currency
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) has recently found that there have been false information circulating among members of the public via social media and text messages concerning the issuance of BND 1,000,000 (One million Brunei Dollars) and a certificate supporting the currency.
2. AMBD would like to advise members of the public to be cautious and not to be deceived when receiving any information from unofficial sources, particularly on matters relating to monetary policies, currency issuance, and the regulation of financial institutions. Members of the public are also advised not to disseminate any unverified and false information.
3. AMBD would also like to remind members of the public that it is against the law to possess forged and counterfeit currency notes and bank notes under the Penal Code (Cap. 22), punishable upon conviction with a fine and imprisonment up to a maximum period of 10 years.
4. More information on Brunei Darussalam's currency notes and coins can be obtained through the AMBD App, which can be downloaded from the 'AppStore' and the 'Google Playstore'; or AMBD's website at http://www.ambd.gov.bn; or by following AMBD on Instagram at @autoriti_monetari.
Date: 21 Rabiulakhir 1439H / 8 January 2018M
VIDEO REGARDING COUNTERFEIT BND100 NOTE
Date : 26 Rabiulakhir 1439H / 13 January 2018M
Reference : AMBD/COMMS/3
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam (January 2018) - The Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), agent to the Government of His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in managing and administering Sukuk Al-Ijarah issuances, is pleased to announce the successful pricing of its 153rd issuance of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities.
With this issuance, the Brunei Government has thus far issued over BND 11.56 billion worth of short-term Sukuk Al-Ijarah securities since the maiden offering on 6th April 2006, and the total holdings of the Brunei Government Sukuk outstanding as at 11th January 2018 stood at BND 432.4 million.
IN CONJUNCTION WITH SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
JAME' 'ASR HASSANIL BOLKIAH MOSQUE,
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
THURSDAY, 17 RABIULAKHIR 1439H CORRESPONDING TO 4 JANUARY 2018M
Date : 17 Rabiulakhir 1439H / 4 January 2018M
Reference : AMBD/COMMS/3
JOINT PRESS RELEASE
BRUNEI-SINGAPORE COMMEMORATIVE NOTES RECOGNISED FOR OUTSTANDING USE OF HOLOGRAPHY
Date: 11 Rabiulakhir 1439H/ 29 December 2017M
Ref No: AMBD/COMMS/3
 Please refer to the IHMA's website for more information on the Excellence in Holography Awards.
 Please refer to the press release, "Brunei Darussalam and Singapore celebrate 50th Anniversary of the Currency Interchangeability Agreement".
Image of the Winning Security Feature
The winning security
feature is present on both the Brunei Darussalam and Singapore notes
PUBLIC TO EXERCISE HIGH CAUTION WITH CRYPTOCURRENCIES
Date: 4 Rabiulakhir 1439H/ 22 December 2017M
Download English versionhere
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved