1) DOES MY CREDIT REPORT INDICATE WHETHER CREDIT SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN?
No. Your credit report only shows your factual credit information and history, and does not give any opinion, indication or comment on whether the credit facility should or should not be granted.
2) IF MY CREDIT APPLICATION HAS BEEN REJECTED, WILL THIS FACT APPEAR IN MY CREDIT REPORT?
No. Credit reports do not contain information about rejection of credit facility applications.
3) DOES MY CREDIT REPORT SHOW ANY DEFAULT AMOUNT?
Yes. The amount is displayed in the default record. This will be the amount payable at the date the record was sent to the Credit Bureau by the data provider.
4) HOW CAN I AVOID HAVING NEGATIVE INFORMATION IN MY CREDIT REPORT?
The best preventive measure is to be a responsible customer by adhering strictly to the credit facility repayment agreement.
5) WILL THE CREDIT REPORT HAVE A CREDIT RATING OR SCORE?
There is currently no credit rating or score in the credit report.
6) IS MY CREDIT INFORMATION REFLECTED IN A GUARANTOR’S CREDIT REPORT?
No, your credit information will not be reflected in a guarantor's credit report.
7) CAN MEMBERS USE THE INFORMATION IN MY CREDIT REPORT FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
No. Data providers are not permitted to use the information contained in your report for marketing purposes. They can use the credit report only for assessing the credit-worthiness of existing or prospective customers or guarantors.
8) WHO MAKES THE DECISION TO GRANT THE CREDIT FACILITY?
The credit decision will be made by the individual financial institutions. The Credit Bureau does not approve, nor deny credit applications.
9) WILL THE CREDIT BUREAU KNOW WHY I HAVE BEEN DENIED A CREDIT FACILITY?
No. The decision to grant or deny any credit facilities application is made solely by the financial institutions and reasons for the decline of such credit facility are not provided to the Credit Bureau.
10)IF I DO NOT HAVE ANY CREDIT FACILITY, CAN I STILL REQUEST FOR MY SIR?
Yes. If there are no records in the Credit Bureau, then there will still be your SIR generated to the effect that no data has been found for the given identification details.
11) CAN I PULL MY RELATIVE/FRIEND’S CREDIT REPORT?
No. Only the Subject himself/herself can pull his/her own credit report.
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved